ABELSoft Inc. is a dynamic and growth-oriented developer and marketer of medical and dental clinical & practice management software. Our team is acutely focused on continually upgrading and refining our products and services to ensure customer happiness, optimal usability and market leadership.
The Technical Writer we currently seek is someone who is passionate about creating accurate, clear and helpful software documentation that facilitates an effortless user experience. Someone with exceptional writing skills with a flair for presenting product advantages and benefits in a logical and compelling fashion. Someone with the discipline and initiative to work both independently and collaboratively, inspired to share knowledge, learn and grow.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to fully understand, interpret and describe the features, functionalities and characteristics of new products, modules, software versions and upgrades
- Develop helpful end-user resources including User Guides, Reference Guides, Configuration and Installation Guides, Set-up Guides, Online Help, and Change Notes
- Create scenarios and capture screen shots to illustrate product, following examples of existing materials and creating new templates as required
- Ensure product detail accuracy through vigilant QA process
- Maintain high standards of language, logic and content flow as well as consistency in terminology within and across all documents
- Maintain ABEL’s online Knowledge Base and create new articles for inclusion, reflecting all change note information
This is a role to challenge more than your technical skills! It will test your ability to collaborate with Developers, Implementation teams, Release Management, and Sales. It will push you to develop in-depth understanding of the functionalities and features of our products in order to present enhancements, improvements and benefits to the user. You require:
- Relevant expertise usually acquired through a minimum of 3 years’ experience in technical writing in software documentation
- Superior English written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office and facility with use of Content Management Systems, Project Management tools and Knowledge Repositories
- Degree or diploma in a business or communication-related field, or experience deemed equivalent
- Experience using Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Technical Communication Suite (Robohelp) and Adobe Acrobat.
Do you thrive on challenge and enjoy collaborating in a dynamic team-based environment?
- Are you a self-motivated achiever who can produce consistent and reliable results?
- Are you well organized and attentive to detail?
Diversity, equality and accessibility are the foundation of all our employment practices.
We thank all applicants; however, we will contact only those under consideration. No phone inquiries please. All applications will be held in confidence.